Join a Group and Explore Resources
Join the ADHD/LD Peer Connect Group or attend an ADHD, Me, and UNC event. Check out our guide to helpful ADHD/LD resources including apps, books, and online resources. Make an appointment with an ADHD/LD specialist.
Think you might have ADHD or LD?
Learn more about the characteristics of ADHD and LD, or find out how to be formally evaluated.
Diagnosed and Seeking Accommodations?
Register with Accessibility Resources & Services for possible accommodations. Learn more about transitioning from high school to college and about applying to UNC with ADHD and/or LD.
Burnett Seminars at Carolina
The annual Burnett Seminar features a keynote speaker who discusses learning differences. Listen to recordings of past Burnett Seminars. Learn about the October 2022 Burnett Seminar.
Collaborate with ADHD/LD peers to exchange ideas, support each other, and learn strategies that promote academic success.
Academic coaches regularly help students with:
- Time Management: Stay on top of academics and other activities with tools that help you prioritize, plan and follow through.
- Active Studying: Focus better with active studying techniques, such as concept mapping and self-quizzing.
- Reading: Tackle readings strategically and retain important concepts from any text.
- Test Preparation: Create study plans and learn techniques for handling different types of exams.
- Note Taking: Capture key elements from lectures and readings and organize your notes to better understand the material covered in class.
- Accountability. Stay accountable to your schedule, plans, and goals.