Work with one of our Academic Coaches when you want to improve an academic skill.
- Test Preparation: Learn techniques for handling multiple choice, essay and word-problem exams.
- Note-Taking: Capture key elements from lectures and readings, and organize your notes to help you better understand course material.
- Reading: Tackle and retain important concepts from any text, whether it’s chemistry, history or drama.
- Active Studying: Master your course content through a variety of active studying techniques, such as concept mapping or drawing diagrams.
- Time-Management: Use tools to prioritize, plan and follow through so that you stay on top of your classes and other Carolina activities.
Want something different than academic help?
Our coaches can help you create a balanced approach to succeeding at Carolina.
- Goal Setting: Identify exactly what you want to accomplish.
- Taking Action: Realize your goals by creating a clear action plan.
- Accountability: Stay committed to your action plan.
- Overall Life Balance: Design your week to include time for all that’s important: academics, friendships, exercise, etc.
Schedule an appointment with an Academic Coach today!
“I learned that progress , not perfection , is what change is all about. This is the most confident I have felt about my ability to succeed since I’ve been at Carolina.“